Hatch Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas
Yes, a new recipe for Gluten-Free enchiladas that tastes as good as it looks. Wow, this was amazing. I was completely impressed with this Hatch Green Chile Gluten Free enchilada sauce. I made a batch of these tasty Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas and my family loved them. They were over the top . . . seriously I had no leftovers. This is simple and easy weeknight meal that your family will thoroughly enjoy. And it is a perfect dish for Cinco de Mayo. Until next time - Bon Appetit or since it is officially Cinco de Mayo BUEN PROVECHO! Cecelia
- 3 cups roast chicken, shredded
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups grated Mexican Cheese Blend plus 1 more cup for topping
- 1 (15 ounce can) Hatch Green Chile Enchilada Sauce (Gluten-Free)
- 10-12 Corn Tortillas
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- Shred roast chicken and set aside.
- In a small non-stick skillet melt butter.
- Add onions and cook until translucent about 3 - 5 minutes.
- Set aside and allow onions to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl add chicken, cooled onions, and shredded Mexican cheese blend.
- Mix until combined.
- Pour enchilada sauce into a flat bowl.
- Dip tortillas into sauce and fill with chicken-cheese mixture.
- Line casserole dish with stuffed corn tortillas until filled. (10 - 12 enchiladas to fill a 9 x 13 casserole dish)
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce over enchiladas.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in a 350 degree F. over for 20-25 minutes.
- Garnish with lettuce, cilantro, and tomatoes.
- Serve 2 - 3 enchiladas per person.
- These are also great garnished with sour cream.
Cecelia's Good Stuff http://ceceliasgoodstuff.com/