I love pasta and it loves me right back – if you know what I mean! Mac-n-cheese of any kind is probably on my top three downfalls when it come to eating too much of a good thing! In a pinch I even enjoy Velveeta macaroni and cheese. However, this recipe for Truffle Mac-n-Cheese is a far cry from any boxed Mac-n-cheese. The truffle oil makes this dish decadent, especially when served alongside crab or lobster. This is not a difficult recipe; I even consider it fairly easy. The key is a great brand of Italian Pasta and truffle oil. (Please see my tip for the oil below.) Whether you are planning a dinner party and wanting to impress this recipe is amazing and will do just that – impress the best! I am excited to share it with you and your family. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Bon Appétit, Cecelia
- 1 stick butter
- 3 cups ½ & ½
- 3 cups finely shredded Italian Cheese Blend
- ½ teaspoon Lawry’s seasoning salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 16 ounces Italian pasta
- ¼ cup Panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon truffle oil
- ½ teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- In large sauce pan melt butter on medium heat add Lawry’s seasoning salt and cayenne pepper mix well while adding in the half and half. Keep mixing and bring to a boiling temperature and then reduce heat and add in the cheese and allow to cook until all the cheese is melted, about 10 minutes. Turn off heat and set aside. In separate pan cook macaroni according to package directions until macaroni is aldente (usually 1 or 2 minutes less than package recommends). Drain macaroni and mix with cheese sauce pour into casserole baking dish. Mix bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning in a mixing bowl. Sprinkle on top of casserole. Cook at 375 degrees for 20 minutes. Then turn up to 450 degrees for about 2 – 4 minutes or until the top is lightly browned. Serve immediately. Makes 8 – 12 servings.
- If using a good brand of truffle oil, you don’t need much oil to add flavor. Taste the sauce and adjust to your liking.
Cecelia's Good Stuff http://ceceliasgoodstuff.com/