Greek Salad with Dolmas
Are you in need a healthy recipe idea for the Memorial Weekend? This recipe is easy and delicious. I used power greens as the base to add fiber and make it healthier. If you are not a big fan of power greens, they can have a slighter bitter taste, you can use your favorite type of lettuce or greens. Remember be creative you can even use arugula if you are a big fan. Arugula is one of my favorite greens. I am having friends over on Saturday and I am making this for the ladies because they LOVE my salads! Have a Save and Happy Memorial Holiday weekend. Bon Appetit, Cecelia
- 1 (6 ounce) bag of organic mixed greens
- 1 cup small heirloom tomatoes; sliced in half
- 1/2 English cucumber; sliced
- 1/4 medium red onion; sliced
- 1 cup hearts of palm; sliced
- 1 cup Kalamata olives; drained and towel dried
- 4 ounces Feta cheese cut into small chunks
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried Greek oregano
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Salad: layer mixed greens, red onion, tomatoes, cucumber, hearts of palm, Kalamata olives and feta cheese. Drizzle with dressing and serve immediately.
- Dressing:In small mixing bowl add all ingredients and mix until all ingredients are well blended.
- TIP: Salad can be made up to 8 hours ahead of time. Reserve the dressing in an air tight container and cover salad with plastic wrap. Make sure the container it is air tight, exposure to air is what causes lettuce and vegetables to wilt.
Cecelia's Good Stuff http://ceceliasgoodstuff.com/