Ingredients for Halloween Cupcakes
- Betty Crocker Spice Cake Mix
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (high altitude only)
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
Ingredients for Whipped Butter Cream Frosting
- Red food coloring
- Yellow food coloring
- Wilton Spider Kit
- Mix a 3 – 4 drops of each food coloring into frosting and mix until you get the color you are looking for. I wanted a nice light orange color for this little guy.
- The picks (his legs) and his eyeballs came in a Wilton Halloween baking set I bought at Wal-mart.
- One the frosting is mixed and the cupcakes have completely cooled I put the frosting into my handy dandy pastry bag and used the #21 tip from my tip collection. I started along the edge of the cupcake and moved around until I finished in the center. If you have never used a tip before practice a few times on a paper towel so you get the hang of it. WOW – what great fun! I had a blast and so did everyone at Casa Linda!
Cecelia's Good Stuff http://ceceliasgoodstuff.com/