Broccoli Salad with Raisins
The first time I had Broccoli Salad with Raisins I was at a friend’s house for Easter Brunch. It was so tasty and unique that I had to get the recipe. I have altered it slightly from the original recipe but it is still the best broccoli salad I have ever had. The bacon and the crunchy sunflower seeds make it a delicious combination with the grapes, broccoli and the slightly sweet tangy dressing. It has become a traditional holiday salad in my family. I was craving it this weekend and made a batch for my family. Here is the recipe and for those that have never had it – you must try it! Bon Appetit- Cecelia
- 4 cups broccoli, cut into small florets
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- ½ cup small raisins
- ½ cup sunflower seeds (roasted and salted)
- 2 tablespoons red onion, minced
- 2 cups red grapes, sliced in half
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- pinch of salt to taste
- Dressing: In small mixing bowl add all ingredients together and stir until all ingredients are well blended.
- Salad: In large salad bowl mix your ingredients: broccoli, onion, bacon, raisins, grapes, and sunflower seeds. Drizzle salad with dressing and allow to marinate for up to 2 hours and serve.
Cecelia's Good Stuff http://ceceliasgoodstuff.com/