Nearly Homemade Chocolate Cake
It seems like I am always in a hurry when it comes time to making dessert. I spend so much time on the main course that when it is time to prepare dessert, I end up serving ice cream and berries. Don’t get me wrong that is an awesome dessert any day of the week. But it does get a little old. If you are like me needing a simple and easy dessert, then you will love this recipe for "Nearly Homemade Chocolate Cake". And for the real bakers out there, I hope you are not turned off by this recipe. In a pinch I really think it is perfect. I do enjoy baking from scratch too. This cake was made using a box mix that I doctored up. Yes, that is right a box cake mix. And it was fabulous. Just a small warning it is dangerously delicious, it is hard to only eat one piece. If you are a real chocolate lover then this dessert is for you. Let me know what you think of this recipe. Post your comments below and follow me on Instagram and Facebook. Also, check out my NEW look on Pinterest! Until next week - Bon Appetit, Cecelia
Write a review
- 4 eggs
- 1 chocolate fudge cake mix with pudding
- 1/3 grated dark chocolate
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup half and half
- Prepared Chocolate Fudge Frosting
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut for topping
- Directions: In large mixing bowl add eggs and beat well on medium for about 30 seconds. Add cake mix into mixing bowl, including chocolate shavings, butter and half and half. Mix again for 1 ½ minutes until all ingredients are fully blended. Pour into prepare cake pan and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for approximately 30 minutes or until cooked. Test with tooth pick, poke in center if it comes out clean it is fully cooked. Allow to cool before frosting. Garnish with coconut and serve.
- Tip: I used unsweeted coconut for the topping, the frosting is sweet enough.
Cecelia's Good Stuff http://ceceliasgoodstuff.com/